Nov/Dec Birthday? Time to register your cert.

November/December birthdays register certificate with SED.

If your birthday falls in November or December (or if you haven’t yet registered a July-October birthday), please take the time to contact SED and register your teaching certificate. Once you’ve verified your TEACH account with SED it’s a fairly easy process.  Although they are encouraging teachers to register during their birth month, you can register at any time throughout the year.

When I called SED, I had to wait on the phone for 20 mins but they were very helpful and got me the info I needed. DON’T CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT unless you’re sure you don’t have a pre-existing account with the state.  The SED representative told me, “you’re better off calling to verify than trying to create a new account, it will mess things up in the long run.”

Read my primer on our website at: and call or email me if you have any problems.

Please also spread the word among retirees who are subbing in your classroom.  If they wish to continue to teach, they need to also register their certificate with the state to maintain certification.



About cnyteacher

News and notes on education, labor, politics and the arts from CNY teacher Greg McCrea.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s