Well, we made it to the end of another year. You’ve got to be exhausted and relieved that the year is coming to an end. I’d like to extend a thank you to all of you for the great work you do each and every day here at Westhill. Whether you’re a second grade teacher transitioning kids to Cherry Road School, or a high school teacher scoring that last regents’ test, the end of the year can be bitter sweet. Thank you for going the extra mile with our kids.
I hope to see each of you in the next few days and personally thank you for a job well done. Thank you to all the WDEA team members who participated in the Relay for Life and Corporate Challenge events, they were a great success. Please join me in extending a special thank you, and words of encouragement, to those who will not be with us next year. Some of our colleagues are moving on to new horizons, and we wish them well.
Before you log-off the computers for the last time this year, please look over the WDEA’s end of the year checklist. Throughout the summer, you can find updated information on our website: www.wdea3115.org, our Facebook page: search “Westhill District Education Association”, or on Twitter: www.twitter.com/wdea. If you’re not receiving our email newsletters at home, please send your preferred home email address to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may contact you in August. As always, you can reach me at any time over the summer on my cell phone: 315-882-6344.
Have a great vacation!
Greg McCrea (WDEA President)
End of Year Checklist:
- Dependents to 26 will be covered on our health insurance as of Sept. 1. Log on: www.myexcellus.com/cnycoop or contact Cheryl Robinson in DO for information.
- Review your FLEX plan enrollment
- Submit FLEX plan reimbursements (by Oct 31 for 2010-11 school year)
- Sign up for 21 or 26 paychecks (due 9/2/11)
- Mark your calendars: our first check is on 9/15/11
- Register on MLP for professional development classes by last day of school
- WDEA Day at the State Fair is Saturday, June 3. Email Greg @ email@example.com if you’d like to help out at the NYSUT booth. You get a free Fair pass and $25 for the day.