- My week on twitter: 11 retweets received, 15 new followers, 13 mentions. Via: 20ft.net/p 18 hours ago
- Right after work with my son, he loves pulling the lever on the voting booth #myplan2vote #may21 @BetsyS48 @TchrNORPAC @MahopacTA @nysut 1 day ago
- RT @TchrNORPAC: @xianb8 @coreteachers @CTULocal1 Great news; well deserved. #1u 1 day ago
- "As educators, you simply cannot remain...silent about the social and economic context of your work" washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-s… #poverty #edchat 1 day ago
- RT @addelgado: CTU Local 1 Rank and File spoke loudly! @coreteachers for another 3 years of moving public education forward! http://t.co/5… 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: March 2011
TIME IS RUNNING OUT TO SAVE EDUCATION EXTEND THE MILLIONAIRES TAX – SUPPORT EDUCATION PLEASE CALL YOUR STATE SENATOR AND THE GOVERNOR IMMEDIATELY – Call your Senator and the Governor via the NYS AFL-CIO action line – 1-877-255-9417 (when prompted … Continue reading
Proud members of the WDEA and the WEU (Westhill Employees Union) joined hundreds of Central New Yorkers outside the State Office Building today in support of education. The Governor’s budget includes brutal and horrendous cuts to schools in New York. … Continue reading
We just got word that the the Senate Republican Conference is not supporting the extension of the personal income tax surcharge on New York’s highest earners – the wealthiest 3 percent of New Yorkers. If this so-called “millionaire’s tax”- is … Continue reading
Mr. Rosengarten is a 23 year veteran who teaches in the Washingtonville school district in Orange County, NY. Check out his Youtube channel, it’s full of outstanding videos which he uses to help science.
Many of the teachers I work with are asking what can be done to support teachers and public employees in our communities. It’s time we step up and speak out, not just as teachers but as taxpayers, voters, and concerned … Continue reading
Thanks for visiting the new blog for the WDEA. We are the members of the American Federation of Teachers, Local 3115, in Syracuse, NY.